Manila International Book Fair is the country’s biggest yearly book event. For the 2017 edition (38th MIBF), it will be held this September 13 to 17, 2017 at the SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City.
This year’s MIBF will showcase varied collection of books including fiction, novels, textbooks, and educational materials. There will also have book launchings, contests, dialogue with the readers and many literary events.
This facts and figures show that MIBF has been successful throughout the years:
– More than 100,000 visitors in 5 days during last MIBF.
– More than 200 exhibitors, both local and foreign publishers and booksellers in over 400 booths.
– 95% are repeat exhibitors for 36 years.
– Almost 98% of the exhibitors are satisfied with sales revenue.
This Book Fair aims to:
1. Spread the love for reading among the participating Filipino public;
2. Create opportunities for them to avail of books and learning tools for the development, upgrading and institutionalizing skills of the book industry and its allied industries;
3. Provide a venue for the exchange of ideas among the participating publishers, booksellers, librarians, authors, illustrators, academicians, writers/authors, as well as pupils, students, professionals and book lovers; and
4. Encourage authorship and improve the literacy and creative content of book published.
Hope to see you there guys!